View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch7999 View Post
Red Rose Tea.
Anyone else into those at all, or are they just universally held in contempt?
I live in Canada and in the past year I have become some what addicted to these(Canadian version only). I did not realize when I started that there were so many variations. So somewhat of a completest type collector when it comes to sets. So series 1 has three variation, series 2 has three variations,series 6 has two, series 10 has two and series 15 has two.I am down to 4 cards for one of the series 2 variations and they will all be completed. That includes set of 1990 Lipton that was a reissue if the Red Rose series 15.Than there was the 1991 Lipton Dinosaur set that never got released. It was a reissue of the series 5 Red Rose Dinosaur set. But a few complete set of the Lipton Dinosaurs set made it out into the collector world from the workers that worked at Lipton.I was able to locate a set of this as well.And through all this I have accumulated well over 5,000 singles. This does not even account for all the complete sets I have stuck in albums(likely 3-5 of every series). plus at least 5-7 sets of every series loss. and at least 75 unused albums.So yes at least one person has got involved with the Red Rose. Not sure it was the right move. But it was pandemic time and I needed something to occupy my mind and my collecting itch.It has been fun.Just need someone to supply those last 4 cards I need.Then maybe my Red Rose addiction will come to an end.