View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 09:10 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
With Matt Amodio having now moved into a tie with James for the 2nd longest winning streak in J! history, I'm resurrecting this old thread with a look back at my James Holzhauer predictions from April 2019.

1. How much is he going to earn in total during this run, and over how many games? I say $1,880,000 in 26 games.
[In the ballpark maybe, but he was already up to 17 when I made the prediction. Correct answer was $2,462,216 in 32 games]

2. I'll pick him to beat Jennings and Rutter at a tournament in a couple of years.
[Tournament happened, but Ken won.]

3. Whoever finally beats him will not go on to win 5 games in a row.
[That was correct. Emma Boettcher won 3 in a row before losing a close game in her 4th appearance.]

4. He'll own the top 10 spots on the single-day earnings leaderboard before the end of his streak.
[That was correct, and it still is.]

5. Someone else is going to put up a $100,000 day next season.
[Wrong. James remains the only player to have done that, and he did it six times.]

- Amodio got $80K Monday (10/4) - I missed tonight.

He is now regularly going after the big money first- like James.

We expect more from our 'heroes' and the one thing I don't like about his answers is it's always 'WHAT is' even if the answer's a person. Technically, he's correct in that (the answer is WHAT is being requested), but I do like splitting hairs.

I believe I recall him fumbling a category on Dogs recently...hated that. I know he's a Baseball fan and I don't think he's messed up in that area. I mention those two categories because Dogs and Baseball are my two chief interests.

Does anyone accurately remember which categories he muffed?

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente