View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 09:35 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Fascinating how many metal guys on the board. I consider myself to have really eclectic musical tastes, but have just never gotten into real metal. I recall in high school I won two tickets from a radio station to see a double bill of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at the Nassau Coliseum. I guess they were alternating who opened and that night it was Iron Maiden. I remember we left at intermission and as we walked through the parking lot my ears were ringing in pain like I had stood next to a jumbo jet revving its engine for the last hour. I thought the decibel level was just insane.

I did see Boston at Nassau Coliseum on their first ever tour and that was amazing. First time I had ever seen someone smoking one of those funny cigarettes. Hell, in those days you could hardly see the stage due to the massive cloud of smoke down near the stage. Wish I still had the tee shirt of the album cover.
Concerning the ringing, Tinnitus is the absolute worst. I suffer from a mild case of it, too many concerts with not enough hearing protection. It's annoying but I've gotten used to it.

Some of the best Concerts I've seen were Metal. Iron Maiden put on one of the best shows I've ever got to see in person. Sabbath as well, I got to see them back in 2016, Ozzy still sounded solid and the crowd was intense.

It kills me that I never got to see Brad Delp in Boston. His voice was incredible. Absolute Tragedy.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.