View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:39 AM

Default Typed letter signed by John Elway before becoming the Broncos VP of Football Ops...

Hi all.

Just wanted to share something neat here. This is probably the first autograph I ever received. In November of 2010 I wrote to John Elway asking him if he’d sign a sketch so did of him, for my step-dad. Growing up in a Broncos household I knew very well of the legend of Elway and thought it would be neat if I could get his autograph for my step-dad as a gift that Christmas in 2010. So I packaged everything up and my Mom found a home address in Colorado to send it to. A few weeks later it came back addressed from a different address of Elway’s business and included was this letter along with a signed photograph of Elway playing with Denver during a snow game. What’s neat is that a little over a month later, Elway would be introduced as VP of Football Operations for the Broncos kicking off another impressive era in Broncos history.

Nowadays I don’t think Elway would have the time to write back like he did for me just over a decade ago and it’s a pretty special piece in my collection! As an 11 year old kid I sure got a kick out of seeing him sign “Your friend,” John Elway.

Jake

image hosting