View Single Post
Old 09-02-2021, 01:03 PM
J0hn Collin$

SGC's historical advantage was that they were the "little guy" who catered to collectors and provided excellent customer service. Problem is here in the 21st century, they are trying to parlay that reputation into becoming "big guys" just like PSA and Beckett - and in the process ignoring the customer service that they built their reputation on. That much aside, I thought that the insane price swings earlier this year were simply unprofessional. Yes, they defended their decisions well enough - but the truth is it didn't have to go down that way, and they made some controversial calls rather quickly. SGC could have stuck with pricing tiers to continue to do business with longtime, loyal customers - but they didn't. Anywho, I digress...

I had to throw in the towel earlier this year after repeated shoddy product issues. (Black inserts not cut properly / shards of plastic sticking into cards). I got a half-apologetic phone call and email from SGC, but no offers to refund or really do much about it. I told them separately later that I wouldn't be doing business with them for the foreseeable future. Not surprisingly, there was no response. I get it, I'm extremely small time, and my submissions are nothing compared to many probably even on this forum. But sad to see them going down this road.

Last edited by jchcollins; 09-02-2021 at 01:53 PM.