Thread: Finally!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

I suppose the places I found them were typical as far as in a store, on line, or other places. It was more of finding them when I wasn't looing at the time. My wife and I went away for a weekend a few years ago and were just driving around and I stumbled across a small card shop in Atlanta. I went in becaause there aren't any shops left anywhere near me. It was typical of most shops nowadays. Full of packs and the newest, "hottest" stuff for sale. I asked if he had any vintage cards. He said a few and handed me a small stack of cards mostly from the 70's. I had everyone in the HOF past 1950 at that point so it wasn't much help. My needs list only had maybe 20 or 25 names left and either they were huge names (ie. Wagner, Cobb, Young etc) or lesser known. I told him and he said he did have one card he took out of his case for space. He went in the back and found it. A 1933 Goundey Joe Cronin in great shape! He happened to be one on my list so I happily puchased it. When I was planning that weekend away I didn't think that a name would be crossed off the list but it goes to show sometimes you can find the best stuff when you're not even looking.