View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Larry More.y

In my experience, it seems nearly every Post card from 61-63 has some sort of variance depending on which product package it was initially distributed on. Fellow board members Ken Marks and Dan Mabey know each of these variations backwards and forwards....below is an excerpt from a message Ken shared with me a few years back in regards to the number if unique cards in the 61-63 Post sets:

"1962 Post Baseball is by far the toughest set to complete a master set. To be exact, I believe (and think Dan concurs there are 539 different cards (Dan's book originally identified 567 versions, but believe I have convinced him the four six-card panels he shows as Sugar Coated Corn Flakes small boxes do not exist). In the 1961 master set, there are 355 box cards and another 180 company cards in a master set (company cards very easy to tell apart). For 1963 there are 372 different variations of cards. Not saying easy to put together, but the 61 and 63 master sets are much more easy to put together in terms of telling which card might be which."

Obviously a lot of variations within these Post Cereal sets. With the 61 "company" cards, there were 10 cards issued for each of the 16 teams....