Thread: The Future
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 03:41 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maj78 View Post
Not to be argumentative but to a certain degree they are. I took my 10 year old to a local card show (his first) two weeks ago. He spent less the $50 and won a 2019 Donruss Football hanger box as a door prize and he could not have had more fun. He's normally pretty shy but actually wanted me to leave him alone so he could go make offers on a few of the lower end cards he wanted. Something I learned on here...there's a rear-end for every seat.

I do agree that most young kids aren't buying $250 boxes of Bowman but a lot of dad's are buying those boxes for their kids. And, depending on what age we are considering "kids" there are plenty of 16-22 year old kids carrying around tons of cash at these shows. Crazy, but true.

There are cards to be had cheaply if you don't expect to open packs. The rippers sell box loads of the cards they don't want cheap on Ebay and at flea markets/toy shows. I was at a toy show this weekend and a guy had new cards cheap, cheap, cheap. Of course they weren't the prism, double rainbow, stamped 1/1, die-cut autographed acuna card or such. Just new run of the mill players that they can't flip for a few hundred bucks. The kids were all over it like liquid gold. LOL.