View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 12:40 PM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Gary,

Thank you for the kind words. Nice photos and good color correction. The tungsten lights they use in concert lighting can mess up the colors. I still shoot analog aka film so I use tungsten corrected film or flash when I can. Dave Grohl is from the next City over - Alexandria, VA the same hometown as Stewart Copeland of The Police. He and his mom are starting a podcast from what I read.

I am a fan of Pat Smear's original band, The Germs. They never played up in Boston as far as I know as their singer, Darby Crash committed suicide by OD'ing on heroin in 1980. There is a great documentary movie on the LA punk scene - 'The Decline of Western Civilization' by Penelope Spheeris. It features Black Flag, the Circle Jerks, Fear, Catholic Discipline, The Germs and X. Lots of candid footage and concert scenes.

I did hear about the podcast, will be tuning in! I actually never heard any of The Germs songs despite how great Pat Smear is. I'll need to focus on that in the near future. Seems like a fun listen!