View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Jim R

never got to see Rocky fights or films-just a few short clips. I have seen fights of most top heavyweeights and Tyson at his prime ( when he beat Berbick for the title) was unbeatable and still not at his best. There was still room for improvement.

Everyone thought Thomas would beat Tyson with his world class jab-I think Thomas was knocked out in the 7th or 8th round.

Holmes was 48-0 and said Marciano couldn't hold his jock. He lost the next two fights to Spinks and Tyson ended his career with one of the best one-twos ever seen in the ring.

Tyson beat Fergason ,Biggs, Thomas, Berbick and Smith and knocked out Ratliff with a jab. If he would have stayed focused and with Roney he would have been the graetest fighter ever. It happenes to most-when you win the title you lose a certain amount of hunger-I guess that is what seperates Rocky M.

I would have loved to seen him fight the best fighters in history-Frazier,Forman,Ali and Liston-it would have been like a hot knife through butter. Ali would have put up the best fight though because he would have talked to Mike through the fight and got in his head but in th eend Ali would have been KO ed just like the rest.