View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Max Weder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
Max

You live in Van, you should know by now Gordo taxes us through the ass out here... Ive never seen any other province like BC, taxes taxes taxes...

Alberta, i agree with you ... i lived there most of my life..... moved to BC in 2005.

BC.... is beautiful, but we pay way tooo much tax here. HST will just make it worse! I cant wait to pay the extra 7% on everything.... BC gov't double dips on used goods, taxing housing and cars and soon to be groceries!
I'm a tax lawyer, so I am aware of the taxes. BC has the lowest taxes in the country for any taxpayer with a taxable income under $100,000. Its combined highest marginal rate of 43.7% is the second lowest in the country after Alberta's 39%.

The switch to HST is a tremendous decision and should have been made years ago.

The combined federal and provincial corporate tax in BC is 28% and will fall to 25% in 2012 (and much lower for small canadian controlled private corporations carrying on an active business), and is far lower than corporate taxes in the US.