View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I always wanted them to go back to 2 leagues for the same reason. And then 2 WC's.. I guess I'd be ok with 3 WC's under the current format, maybe with the worst two playing one game(I'd still find the one-off kinda silly though). This format, I really don't care much for..

NY, Baltimore and either Oakland or Texas could easily end up tied for the best record in the AL. NY's already at least clinched a share of that already. and they'd be stuck in this one game mess. Hell, if NY and Balt tie, they'll have to play a game to decide whos the division winner and who's the wildcard(because there are NO tiebreakers anymore), and then the loser will have to go on and play another one off vs either Texas or Oakland the following day. Exciting, yes! But I think it's f'ed up that they'll have to jump through all these hoops..

Basically, a team could realistically play 4 consecutive games against 4 different teams..

Yeah, I forgot to mention the AL side of this when I post the OP. It is a mess over there with the one off game possibilities, yet Detroit with the 7th best avg is automatically in because of the division breaks.