View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 04:15 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default 1972 Topps High Number Printing Question...

I'm slowly piecing together a 1972 Topps high number run in PSA 9* and want to make sure the #604 Checklist (for such a groovy set, the checklists were really a drag, man) that was printed along with them on the sheets is included. There are two versions of said checklist, where basically the copyright on back is either on the left-hand side or towards the center/right side. My notes indicate that it is most likely the left side version, but can anyone specifically verify that??

• Perhaps it's also possible that the print sheet layouts contained both versions?? And/or maybe the previous series' sheets also contained each version?? (See how deep this rabbit hole goes???)

• In looking quickly at the POP reports, there are slightly less left-side cards than right-side in high grade, which would logically point to them being a part of the 'rarer' high series, but that doesn't really answer the question.

• A quick search on ebay for "1972 Topps 604 PSA" comes back with basically 8 hits, and 7 of them are left side copyrights, which is odd. For sold auctions, four of the five cards were left siders.

• My image searches were fruitless. Is there a high numbers full sheet picture out there somewhere that shows the backs?

Anybody know for certain what the answer (if there actually is a certain answer) is to this riddle??

*If you have any to trade or possibly sell, hit me up and I'll send you my need list. Have quite a few PSA 8 and 9's to trade.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.