View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Bill Gregory

Christ, he was something, wasn't he? He infuses so many different musical elements into his playing. Rock, blues...jazz. The greatest compliment I can give a guitarist is that when they play from inside, there is no real outline to what they're going to do. You take all those hours of practicing, perfecting your technique, and when you get on stage, you just let your nuts hang out. Terry Kath's solo here in "25 Or 6 to 4" is a transcendent moment in rock history. That wasn't just playing outside of the box. That was kicking the box open, ripping it to pieces, and setting it on fire.

When I think of some of the guitarists we've lost young, Randy Rhodes being another...it makes me want to cry. I've played for about 25 years, but I'll never be that good. But these guys inspire me to keep pressing.

Oh, and.....hey, Kirk Hammett. See? THAT is how you use a wah pedal.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 06-23-2016 at 10:18 AM.