View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Bobw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Rick - the story I am hearing is that the last straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, was Amazon and other mega online sellers dumping massive amounts of packages on USPS, more than they can humanly handle, because UPS and Amazon's own delivery service are beyond the breaking point in the age of pandemic. Have you heard this? I know USPS handles some stuff for Amazon, but the story is they have contracted now to take on some ridiculous load that they cant deal with. Hence, the system has come to a near screeching halt. Sounds possible to me but could be untrue.
Retired after 40 years with USPS but still follow what is going on via employee message boards and Facebook groups.....

Since the pandemic started, it has been Christmas volume all summer long with the online shopping because of people staying home....now adding on the REAL Christmas rush, the distribution centers are totally buried under. Tractor trailers are waiting hours to be unloaded in the Midwest with no place to put the mail after it's been unloaded. After the last few years of delivery problems because of volume, UPS and FedEX is limiting the amount of parcels it is accepting from the big retailers....guess where they are going, USPS.

Employees are working 12 hour days or more , 7 days a week. Over 14,000 employees have Covid or are quarantining....wherever there is a Covid hotspot, it's affecting USPS employees too.