View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjung View Post
I appreciate the compliment. It isn't so much the "in person" sales that concern me. It is more like the cards shown in this link. Had I been in the market for the Sisler Middy at that time, I may have taken a stab.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...ds-with-sisler

I didn't realize the reprints were a different size. That is very helpful. Any other tips? I'm wondering how consistent the cuts were on the originals. Anybody have any insight on that?
Those look pretty legit. Looks like you weren't the only one to find that lot on liveauctioneers.

I've had so many bad experiences on that site that I hardly ever check anything on that website any more. A few years ago there was a little known auction house that auctioned off several T206 Uzits without identifying them in the item description or title. I wasn't the only to find them though, so I missed out on any deals.

For those who are interested, never, I repeat NEVER, buy from Pioneer Auction Gallery (also on Liveauctioneers). They once pictured a T206 in a PSA 8 holder and just said "t206" in the auction description. I paid over $600 for the card (still thinking I was getting a deal) and was sent a common worth about $8. What a hassle to get a refund! And the cost to ship the card back, etc. Ugh! Never again. I also got a '79 OPC Gretzky reprint (oops) from a different auction house in a different liveauctioneers experience.

Anyway, again, the ones you showed in the link look good to me, but I am always concerned when anything is sold via liveauctioneers.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)