View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Default T-206 and SGC grading questions

Posted By: T206Collector

I sold most of my collection in April (about 400 T-206 cards), and found that the process was simplified exponentially for me by having all of the cards graded -- even the beatiest of beaters. I took advantage of their Set Registry special and had them all done for $5.00 each. It doesn't make much of a difference on the SGC 10's, but your profit will grow a bit with the 20's and even more so with the 30's and, of course, higher graded cards. So, to answer question one, I would get them all graded prior to selling, even if, as we assume in point number 2, that this is a low-grade collection. I made up the grading fees on virtually every card I sold. The only exception I would make would potentially be for cards that presented better than technical grade. You might do better selling raw, with a good scan and description.

In response to 3, I bring my raw cards to a show in White Plains, NY where SGC is often there to accept submissions. I save on shipping/insurance by doing this. Otherwise, just mail them in.

Finally, grading is really easy. Just go to SGC's website (or visit them at a show), fill out the form, and then mail them in with insurance. They will take care of it and provide you with an e-mail response when they have received your submission (sometimes there is a little lag time between receipt/e-mail, so it is best to call with your voucher number and they will take care of it. Then, in a few days or a month -- depending on your service -- you get the cards back in a box all nicely wrapped in bubble wrap and tape. At this point, you should put each slabbed card into a graded card sleeve, to prevent the face from getting scratched by being rubbed up against each other. Then, enjoy -- or sell.

Edited to add: Oh, and don't bother to get the Bresnahan graded.