View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 11:44 AM
J0hn H@rper

Whitehse, I love it. Plenty of parallels there, but funny you mention the ice cream thing. I left out this part of the season in my story: early on, one of the parents started taking the whole team to Dairy Queen after each game. Then that grew into a promise to take us after every win (which, let's face it, was probably even more motivation to 8-9 year olds than winning the game). So that guy ended up spending a lot of money on ice cream that year

The other thing that stands out is you celebrating your Little League title on the field. Sadly, no one really won the league on the field during my LL years. There was a regular season champion, and then a post season tournament. But no one considered the tournament winner to be the league champ. So it was just sorta vague, and nothing was celebrated on the field or officially crowned as simply winning the title that year.

That was the only hole in my LL experience, though. And that time is where my other story comes from. Maybe I'll post it too if this gets much more traction here

Last edited by cardsagain74; 05-05-2020 at 11:46 AM.