View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 07:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Awesome stuff! Thank you for sharing. I love those cards! They look great together. Your story about your grandfather and Fain is cool as well. Personal connections enhance enjoyment of these cards.

I learn something new everyday it seems. Before you mentioned it, I didn't know about the two tones/border colors. Those examples make it obvious. I am curious, are there any differences reflected on the backs? I mean can you tell the two versions apart by looking at the backs at all?
The backs appear to me to be indistinguishable, the same scratchy grey stock. Both seem to be about equally common, though my base set had more of the white stock cards because I think they look nicer.

Pretty sure these are something like the 1962 Topps Green Tints, a low budget print run or outsourced to a different than normal print shop to meet a deadline.

I think these are definitely 'true' variations, but a pretty boring one. I'm having fun using it as an excuse to build the first 2 series again! Thank the Lord Mickey isn't in the run affected...