View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 03:51 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default Tell us which lesser-known 1960's cards to have graded...

It looks like Bobby's kicking off another group sub for cards from the 1960's (holy heck, the end of that decade was over a half century ago!!!), so I was hoping to get some input on cards people wouldn't think of getting graded, but have low POPs or are otherwise pretty 'valuable.'

• For instance, if you have a 1967 Topps Brooks Robinson or a Red Sox Team card, you wouldn't hesitate to submit them, but what common cards flying under the radar (assuming they come back in a high grade) from 1967 get high prices when they're sold?

• Take any year from the 60's and spill anything that could be a veritable gold mine for someone. Of course, I realize there are collectors who want to keep this info to themselves, but if you have something insightful, please post it in this thread. I would love to get this going as a continuously updated list as new low POP 'discoveries' are made (and keep an organized, updated list on the first page to help people in the future).

• To be perfectly clear, I am NOT talking about obvious things like stars, HOF'ers and such, and certainly not about 'rare' sets whose cards are valuable in their own right, but simply cards from well-known sets that you would never think of submitting.

I'll start with...

1961:
Topps #242 Hal W. Smith (a low number common) - In PSA 8 or 9 it commands huge prices between $150-200, with an 8 earlier in the year selling for a whopping $230!! Additional comments: the POP in 8 is very high, so I imagine the pricing is probably due to near-perfectly centered examples.

Whatchu got to add??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.