View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 01:04 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Great collection Jeff. And even though you may not think of it in the same way of what is normally thought of as a set, I think your collection of baseball cards of football players is actually a very specialized, and unique set. Heck, I even just put a bid in on an Earle Neale card I saw online just a couple days ago myself, talk about coincidences. LOL I imagine you have a complete list of everyone in that set somewhere? Might be cool to share it with everyone if you ever feel so inclined. I'll bet you'd see more interest in it from some other collectors than you might expect. And does that unique set go all the through up to today? And if so, did Tebow ever get a baseball card of himself issued? If he did, I imagine he must be the most recent addition to your list.

And just think, you might have now passed on the idea to someone else to maybe start collecting baseball cards of basketball players. Doesn't go as far back in time as it does for football players, but right off the top of my head I can immediately think of Dave DeBussure, Danny Ainge, and of course, Jordan. And I'm sure there are others I can't even think of.

And as for what significant cards you have, it isn't necessarily all just about the money. We've discussed that already in earlier posts of this thread.
Thanks for the feedback, Bob, and glad you like my 'set' of baseball cards of pro football players. So far I've only found a fraction of the cards I've identified but it is a fun run to work on. To answer your questions, I'm only focusing on pre-war so no Brian Jordan, Deion Sanders, or even Vic Janowicz in the set. I may expand to post-war later. For the most part I'm only looking for cards from the players playing days, so excluding coaching cards if they have them or modern tribute cards. The only exception is if a player doesn't have a card from their playing days ... then I'll look for a tribute card.

I'm always up for sharing! That's what the hobby is all about IMHO. I have this information in a table that shows the player's name, what pro football teams they played for in what years, what NL/AL teams they played for in what years, and what baseball cards I've been able to identify. I tried to upload this Word doc as an attachment to this message but it says 'invalid document type'. Maybe because it's a newer .docx format? The document is under the file size limit.

jeff