View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM

Default 56 Topps

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac_73 View Post
Hey All, I've mainly been a collector of Auto baseball and vintage memorabilia. Recently I've decided that I would like to tackle building my first set. I decided on 56 Topps as I like the pictures and design, Great year for players and it seems to be a more affordable set from that era as my pockets aren't super deep.
I was thinking about collecting SGC graded as I admit I like the holders better then PSA. Is there anty reason against collecting SGC over PSA? I prefer graded over Raw as I don't have the expertise to spot a fake.
Any tips that anyone has on building a set for a first timer? Anything I've missed or should think about?

Thanks everyone and I look forward to shatring my journey as this forum has inspired me!
Maniac,

Hey congrats on that set! The 56 Topps is one of my favorite sets as well. PSA graded cards seem to bring a higher resale value over SGC due to set registry factors.

Once you have purchase some cards, you should be able to spot reprints or fakes from original cards. I bet you will pick those skills up pretty easily. I have not had an issue with purchasing "fake" cards from the 56 set.

Have fun on the quest.

Z Wheat