View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Luis,

I know you said "cards". Re"card"less, the most interesting set of the 60s that I've ever encountered, one stacked and steeped with variations, short prints, toughies, Sandy Koufax, and even Maury Wills is the 1962 Salada coins. PSA grades them, and there is a modest number of participants in its respective Set Registry listing.

At this point, I hardly think outsiders will flow through with cases of unsold product, though a box of Salada Tea or Junket Desert with the product baseball coin blurb and any coins resting undisturbed within, would sell quickly as display pieces to complement a collector's coin collection.

True, there are some players who were not included but should have been (Drysdale, Musial), as is true for most any set. The Salada coin series was never meant to have every player. Re"card"less, I love them intensely, and can honestly say they've given me much happiness and fulfillment in my sports collecting.

Hope you eventually select a set you'll find gratifying. By the way, if you opt for the 1967 Topps series, a great one, look for Bob Lemke's name on here. He's done a fantasy card of a 1967 TOPPS Sandy Koufax. Bob doesn't mess around; his work is excellent. His fantasy stuff has made many dream cards come true.

Wishing the best, Luis. --Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 07-26-2014 at 05:15 PM.