View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 03:17 PM
Todd Schultz

I am wrong and part of the problem. Really? Does that make me an idiot with zero integrity, as you called out Jim? Nearly everyone in this thread, many very reputable and respected members of this forum, all took umbrage with what they perceived as wrongdoing. Are they all idiots with zero integrity? Or can they make it up to you with heartfelt apologies and sincere promises of repentance?

You seem to have a problem with critical thinking and understanding what comprises proof. Your “ proof” of buyer’s innocence is his singular statement of explanation, which as I said, is plausible but hardly casts a good light. The other facts are undisputed, and yes, they are facts. The conclusions to be drawn from those facts may vary among reasonable minds, but I am underwhelmed by buyer’s story and less than inclined to give it full credence. You, by contrast, seem enthralled. Good for you.

As I stated, this forum welcomes if not encourages the disclosure of fishy transactions and suspected scams or scammers. Seller here made reasonable efforts to make contact and resolve the situation outside the forum, and was right to call it to the board’s attention when no response was forthcoming. Personally I would not have used the word thief in the initial post, but the situation was laid out well and the conclusion of wrongdoing appeared reasonable. If the same situation happens again, I hope it is brought out here once more. If people’s reactions when that occurs are “part of the problem”, then so be it.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.