View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 12:06 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I'm fine with just about any name change for any reason anybody wants to do it. The names Brown's, Bee's, Senators, Pilot's, Expos, etc... also don't exist anymore either, for whatever reasons.

"Guardians" is pretty weak and generic though. They should have come up with something better. Working with local tribes to come up with a name suitable to them, sounds like a good idea to me also, but I have no idea the complexities involved to do something like that.

Maybe this speaks to my own budget, and what I want to put into seeing an actual baseball game live...but I was more annoyed then I ever have been, when our local minor league AA team went from the New Britain Rock Cats (I thought that was a pretty cool name and mascot)...to the Hartford Yard Goats.

Seriously, what the F%*k is a "Yard Goat"?

Is it just a goat in your yard? ...and why the hell would you name a baseball team after that?

"The nickname "Yard Goats" was selected as part of a "Name the Team" contest which drew over 6,000 submissions. "Yard goats" is rail-yard slang for the switch engines or terminal tractors that shuttle train cars between different locomotives. The stadium is adjacent to the Hartford rail yards."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Yard_Goats
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry