View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I enjoy the auction section, and have purchased several cards through it. I think that the section's main problem is it is too disorganized and random. Junk wax basketball, Christmas ornaments, vintage baseball cards, collector figurines, etc. are all blended together.

I think organizing it better would improve the section and experience. Making it easier to navigate would increase sale prices, and, in turn, increase offerings through it. I'm personally hesitant to list items on it, and think others are, as well.

I would recommend subfolders. I don't think it would even take that many folders. Have separate folders for: (1) pre-war baseball cards; (2) baseball cards from 1946 - 1980; (3) baseball cards from 1981 - present; (4) all basketball cards; (5) all football cards; (6) Miscellaneous cards; & (7) collector items and memorabilia.

Just a suggestion. Others might disagree and have better ideas. This is just my humble opinions.
I think the problems arise with the low sell prices. If someone starts anything with a low enough price to warrant action, they aren't properly rewarded with a decent bid. I know I have won stuff insanely cheap. I know I have sold stuff insanely cheap. There HAS to be an answer on how to spur on interest. I wish I knew what it was however.