View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I appreciate the response even though I believe it to be 100% wrong. This exact problem gets brought up fairly regularly. The last time was just before the last nationals. It is always the same. A few openly complain while many complain behind the scenes.

If it really wasn't a problem it wouldn't get brought up once or twice a year.
Do you think Net54’s BST would be a viable auction place for popular vintage baseball items if not for those two gentleman using the space to sell low end items?

I would note to paragraph 2 that people complaining about something does not make it so. I have heard people whine about a great many things that, unlike this, are not difficult to prove opinions but are provably false. The presence of a complaint does not make it legitimate or illegitimate.

We can test it. I’m sure Octavio would pause his listings for someone to use it, and not the main board, to auction significantly valuable items so we can see if they go for market value or not and test the thesis. I doubt anyone will want to risk it without having pals lined up to ensure a certain outcome, for the other reasons in 23.