View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Bill Gregory

Pete, there are more than I can count. I find myself correcting somebody, and then just as I'm about to hit the enter button, I back out of the post. Too many people have jumped on me as being a "grammar Nazi", even though my posts have always been pretty constructive. So, I started sending people friendly little messages to alert them of their error. That seemed to upset them even more. "It's only online, so it doesn't matter."

/face palm

I guess people just don't care about the English language anymore. Sad. I'm certainly not above the occasional mistake, but if I'm writing a post, and I'm not sure of something, I'll stop and look it up. And if somebody were to correct me, I'd appreciate that they took the time to do so.

I saw somebody writing an article about the Brewers earlier today. This was the headline:

Reversal Of Fortunes Continues to Allude Brewers

I felt a nervous tick developing in my right eye. I almost let it go...almost.

As for what really knocks on my nerves? Most unique, or more unique. Those make my colon clench.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.