View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or not but I agree with you if you are. It seems as though the majority in that age bracket are for all of the new rules that have been taking place in baseball.

I'm not in favor of the home plate rule. It had been that way for how long? I won't rant on about that stuff nor instant replay I think I'll start a separate discussion about that.
I think context is an important consideration. Given the number of grammar mistakes in the two paragraphs above, is it fair to be judgmental? That seems very harsh given the context. An internet discussion board has the feel of casual conversation and, it seems to me, should be judged accordingly.

What's troubling, however, is when I see these types of mistakes in cover letters or work-related correspondence. Then I'm much more critical. In fact, I've tossed many resumés simply because of poor grammar. And I think young people, especially, are often unaware of the importance of good grammar.

What's very sad, though, is that English grammar is not taught in public high schools much anymore.