View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Todd Schultz

Default Take a deep breath

I vote none of the above. Why sell any? If you need cash, that's one thing, but it sounds like you just need to curb spending. Selling some to fund others is a temporary fix, unless you keep doing it over and over. If you're happy with what you have, focus on spending less or none, if only for awhile.

Personally, I would not jettison the Aarons. I assume you did not just grab the first "8" of each you saw, but instead handpicked what you own. That makes them less easily replaceable. It is also an accomplishment, a definable goal, if that's of any importance to you. Me, I am no huge fan of t206 (pardon the sacrilege), and those white bordered cards you own will not be scarce anytime during your grandchildren's lifetimes. Still, if you find them more attractive than others, keep them.

If you can't stop spending, it is still possible to slow down. Many of us have pet projects or inexpensive cards we chase when we need a fix. When I'm bored and/or poor I look for '66 Topps Rub-offs at $10-20 a pop, just to keep the juices flowing. Other esoteric or niche items may start to look appealing. There are many ways to enjoy this hobby without dropping tons of cash. No need to do anything rash