View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
Seeing things I wouldn't get a chance to see otherwise, and the friendships I've made, even though I've never actually met anyone on the board in person. Sometimes at home, I'll be telling my wife about something in someone's collection (usually Paul M and his autographs) and my wife will say "Have I met them?" and I have to respond, "No, but neither have I." It's all about community.
That's funny, Ed! We do share a bizarre corner of T206 collecting: ink on cardboard.

I have found that Net54 is an integral part of my collecting experience. My wife bought and started for me a website for Christmas 1997 to share my cardboard collection and some ideas I had about it, but a website is a very one-way communication, and not particularly interactive. Cardboard doesn't do much but sit there and be looked at. Never does my collection -- or collecting -- feel as alive and vital as when aspects of it are being actively discussed. I share here, not only to inspire others, but to inspire myself to keep on with the pursuit. For it is the positive affirmation, both specifically with respect to my interests and acquisitions, as well as generally with respect to this madness we call a hobby, that keeps me regularly checking back in -- as if to make sure there are others out there doing this; that this is normal. In a word -- community.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206