View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default ebay's morbid fascination with death

Posted By: john/z28jd

looks like i jumped the gun a bit because in the last 5 hours just under 200 more items of his have been listed.

it is sad in 2 regards,people who use a tragedy to make extra money,which as Lee said they arent breaking any laws doing it so they have every right

the 2nd is the people who pay so much now but 2 months from now what they bought wont be worth half what they paid

I first noticed it with Willie Stargells passing when the amount of his items more than tripled on ebay within the first day,People were paying crazy prices immediately.

When i first started watching baseball i was a Pirates fan and he was one of the better players eventho it was near the end of his career.He became my favorite player.When he died,i said i should get some of his cards i dont have but when i saw the prices i was smart enough to know,ill wait a week or a month and buy it then.If people didnt pay the prices they couldnt sell them for such inflated costs so one balances the other.

I was just saying to me its a morbid way to go about things.I probably have 100 Ken Caminiti cards if i went thru my collection but im not going to put them up on ebay right now just to make a few extra bucks off it,id rather not