View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Default Don't you love Ebay sellers who pull auctions early

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

I appreciate the kind words spoken by many of my friends. I look forward to putting some faces with ebay handles and avatars at the National.

Ending auctions early on ebay is a difficult desicion. It is something I rarely do but because ebay can be very unpredictable, sometimes it makes sense.

If ebay wants every auction to goto completion they should not allow sellers to end auctions early.

Off ebay transactions do have a bit more risk. With feedback off the table some ebayers are less inclined to honor their word.

In this case, a very good repeat customer, made a very strong offer. I accepted it but not before contacting the high-bidder on ebay to see if he/she was interested in countering the offer that was made. He/she passed and I accepted the offer.

I agree with Jeff L, ebay is the wild west and I think it is fair game to make and receive "buy it now" offers on ebay listings. Having said that, the downside to ending auctions early is potential bidder backlash. Sellers have to way the risk vs. reward each time. It is very seldom that I end an auction early but this time the reward was worth the risk. I do respect all the opinions expressed in this thread and will consider them going forward.

Jeff L,

Will you be at the National/Net54 dinner signing autographs?

Rand,

The only person infaliable with no enemies on this board is Barry Sloate. Smiley face

CB