View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Scott Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
My apologies, I messed up. I don't know where my head was yesterday. When I went to scan the photos this morning, I realized the photos I referenced were not the same as the '54 All Stars photo. But, I knew one of the Yankee photo packs had the same picture. It is the '56 Yankee Picture Pack Mantle, it is the same image as the '54 All Star photo. It also has slightly different dimensions. The '56 Yankee Picture Pack Mantle photo is 6-1/8 by 8-13/16 inches. It is slightly larger than the '54 All Star photo.

In the attached photos, the '56 Yankee Picture Pack photo is on the right of the two separate photos. Since the scale is off, I took a photo of the two of them together. The '56 Yankee PP photo is on the left in it. The last photo is the '56 Yankee Picture Pack envelope.

Could there be a similar Red Sox picture pack?
This adds an interesting rub to my situation. I can't measure at the moment but my older/sepia colored photo is slightly smaller than the other. This seems similar to your two.

I have not ever seen a Sox 50's team pack with the name in the "small box" like with these supposed 54 AS pack photos. Nor have I ever seen other Sox players on this format.

Seller did have a Mantle like yours that went for a pretty penny- https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-All-St...p2047675.l2557

I do feel a bit better that mine is not a modern fake/repro but I am still digging.