View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Larry

In my experience, the form of the letter of authenticity referred to is very much standard practice in an auction featuring many autographed items. JSA certainly has extensive experience with all of the star signatures that come up, and if they didn't think a given example they scrutinized was real, they wouldn't issue even the more limited form letter of authenticity. If you like, you can submit any item purchased under those circumstances to JSA for the so-called "full" letter of authenticity for the additional amount stated. But an auction house offering a very large number of such items is not usually going to absorb that cost or attempt to pass it on. That is merely an option the winning bidder has available to him. Sorry if the original poster on the latter portion of this thread misunderstood the circumstances, but I certainly don't believe there was any intent to deceive. IMHO, if the limited JSA letter indicates the signature is believed to be good, it will be good in the overwhelming majority of cases.

I would also once more echo Robert's statement in the post above--in more than 15 years of dealing with Clean Sweep, with innumerable purchases, I have not had one bad experience.

Highest regards,

Larry A. Smith

Last edited by ls7plus; 09-01-2015 at 05:24 PM.