View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:47 PM
E. Angyal

Default Cy Young Auto? - help requested

Looking for some help on identifying if this could possibly be Cy Youngs autograph. I have a friend who owns a house on Main Street in Navarre, Ohio who is in the process of selling his house which was built in 1916. He removed a section of wallpaper in his living room and written in pencil on the plaster in huge letters is “Cy Young Canton, O May 31-23”. Canton, Navarre, Newcomerstown, and Peoli are all pretty close physically to one another.

I realize there are a lot of autos of Cy Young to compare this to on the internet, but the writing on the wall is of a much larger scale than one written on a check or a postcard. Could this account for the difference in the lettering shapes? Throwing this one out there for the auto experts to chime in on! If its legit, it has to be one of the most unique things autographed by Cy. My friend said he would cut it out of the wall if it was a worthwhile effort. Ive attached 3 pics to put it in context. We are trying to determine who owned the house in 1923 to see if it was maybe an ex teammate. Thanks in advanced for your help and opinions.

Angyale

Last edited by Angyale; 10-17-2020 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added pics