View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM
CraigH

I've had a table for a few shows hosted by my local card shop and to give you an idea of how unpredictable selling can be, with roughly $500+ in inventory, I've made as much as $77 and as low as $1.40 in one day.

There is no way I'd even think about doing a B&M store with as well as I'm doing. I do it for fun and the experience. I enjoy meeting other collectors and dealers. Having a shop would be too advanced at where I am. But like others have said, start small and see where it goes. Carl Karcher started with a hot dog cart. If he had started into restaurants from the beginning we may have never heard of Carl's Jr. Hamburgers today.

As a part time dealer, I'd only buy things for sale that I would be okay in keeping. I've sold quite a few junk era cards at ten cents a piece but would not go out looking for more. As you can see, I'm not that serious. If you have a B&M, you'd have to hit more homeruns early and often to survive and that will make things tough. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Craig H