View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I found all of their "moves" just prior to the 2022 season to be disgusting. I barely followed them last year as a result. They were set up to be a contender.

Cincinnati is one of the best fan bases in MLB, and their fans clearly deserve better. I'm a Reds fan living in the PNW, and saw the same BS from the Mariners for over a decade. At least the M's are now viable. Lots easier to root for them than the self-imploding Reds.

Great American Ballpark should play this during the 7th inning stretch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB9lhHqmsE
I, too, live in the PNW currently.

I grew up in Billings, Montana, and we were the MiLB team for the Reds, and we were geographically centered to root for 3 MLB teams (Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis). I attached to the Reds and Mariners in 1995 when both made the playoffs. The Mariners overshadowed the Reds that year. I also became a huge fan of Cleveland in the late 90s. I went all in on the Reds in 1999 when they won 95 games, and in 2000 they got Griffey. The only time I've seen the Reds in person is when they travel to Seattle. Needless to say, all five teams I'm emotionally attached to have not won a World Series within my memory; Cleveland has been three times, and Colorado once.

It's hard to be mad at the Reds when every other team I root for also "align payroll to our resources." So I've learned to appreciate small victories.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo