View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
So it seems you are saying provenance isn't important and shouldn't be considered? I will disagree. It is not solely the auto itself that is important.

Again, I think every auto in my collection is authentic, but if I find that one of them came through CC, I will change my mind very quickly. It will become likely not genuine.

I don't think it's fraud to change opinion based on provenance.

They didnt change their opinion on the autograph, they changed their authentication based on the source, which is the entire argument made by many people. if you are friends with the authenticator, your items have a better chance of passing, and if you aren't, they don;t. How is that autograph authentication.

The tom sayers autograph at heritage had no exemplars, but got the coa, Why? probably because both authentication companies believed it to be real based on the provenance. that is not autograph authentication, it is something else.

provenance can be faked, and in many instances, faked quite convincingly. you authenticate based on provenance at your own risk.

No where on the coa's of either jsa or psa, does it say that the autograph is deemed authentic based on provenance factors. if they use provenance, they should put it on the coa. plain and simple. but they don't. they say they use exemplars and factor in slant, speed, pen pressure, etc.