View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 11:13 AM

Nicolo, I am amazed all over again at your incredible acquisitions. I believe you should be ecstatic with your grades, even though I would have graded them MINT or at least NR MT / MT.

They were very well preserved over the years, and let's face it, it doesn't take much for a PSA grader to decide for some crazy reason that iddy biddy stupid technicalities render these unique boxes a 1 or 2. I honestly feel hope from your grades, sir. Perhaps the graders are taking these 61-year old boxes and evaluating them as 61-year old boxes, and not as a 21st century Topps.

I fully realize and agree the standards are the standards, but I have read, and was told, that PSA cuts a little (A LITTLE!!!!!!!) slack for older cards, particularly since the cardboard cannot remain entirely pristine as the decades go by. All to say, I am so happy for you. Celebrate with your favorite flavor of JELL-O!

Either of these two boxes would be a centerpiece among a Willie Mays or Hank Aaron PSA Master Set Registry grouping. I don't know if PSA would allow it in, since the unfolded boxes are unique, 1 of 1s. Be that as it may, envisioning each of them in an All-State display case among an array of Say Hey's and Hammerin' Hank's finest cards, the unfolded JELL-O box might not be the crown jewel, but a blue diamond that would hold its own and draw intense attention.

I see these ultra JELL-O boxes and start to wax lyrical. Anyways, congrats and well done again, Nicolo!

---- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 09-04-2023 at 11:16 AM.