View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhardy View Post
This is a very good idea for a thread. I must have missed it.

Topps set collecting is my secondary focus. I am primarily a Cardinals team set collector, but after that, I collect complete Topps sets (base and update/traded).

Having started probably 10 or 12 years ago, since it is a secondary focus for me, I have not gotten as far down as I would like, but I am making progress. I currently have Topps sets from 2016 down to 1967. I am currently working on 1966. With 1966, I am about 90% complete and hope to complete the set in a few weeks. For older sets, I don't worry so much about condition. I am all about completion and quantity over quality. It saves a bunch of money doing it that way. I try to get my older sets in presentable low to mid grade. My 1970 sets on up are pretty nice, but 1969 on down is starting to get more lower grade.
Frank - That approach seems to make great sense when it comes to the older sets. You will always have the opportunity to upgrade as you go that way as well.
I've begun a raw 58T set and may look to leverage that idea.
RayB