View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 12:55 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I would disagree that shilling, shenanigans, or skullduggery on the whole is responsible for the upswing of the market that started in 2020. Sure, it exists in pockets - but to take the entire market up? It would have to be so prevalent that you would be hearing a lot more legit stories of people caught doing such things.

Look at PSA's Auction Prices Realized page for some of the more popular vintage cards. It's a good mix, and (at least historically) while it's not inclusive of every single sale, it's a good cross section of what is sold in different places and includes a lot of eBay listings. A lot of people look at sites like that and VCP, and it would probably be pretty easy to string together evidence on multiple sellers who are simply reporting bad data and relisting cards, were that truly happening en masse. It isn't.
What I do to rationalize the prices is to cut and paste the PSA sales data and then delete all of the PWCC sales from the run. I think that gives you a better idea of what is really happening across the board.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...