View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 03:35 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
That's not how that would work. You would have to go back to pre-sale times when the prices of cards weren't being manipulated by auctions from sellers who bid their own cards up or allow consignors to bid on their own cards.

Like I said, if I consign a card, let's say a T206 Green Cobb, and I bid that card up to $8,000, but it doesn't actually sell to anybody, the next guy with the same card is going to judge it's value to be $8,000 because they think my cards sold for that.

It's a process that takes a long time. But that time has already passed.
I'm talking about the current state of prices. You seem to be suggesting some kind of longer term card price manipulation scheme which seems to happen more often than not in whatever markets you would draw your sales data from. Again, I just don't buy that. It's possible that it happens in some cases, but across the board would be a stretch and difficult to prove. I also don't believe that the influence of a PWCC encourages one-off collectors on a budget to suddenly re-adjust values in their minds to the top of the scale, just because of a few sales that may not have been totally on the level.

Last edited by jchcollins; 02-10-2021 at 03:57 PM.