View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 06:00 PM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Default Next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
So, as the guy who started the thread, I wanted to put a bow tie on this one... it's a good and bad news ending

The good news? The seller is a great dude... he was responsive, friendly and we even met (ironically, I noticed he lives 2 town from me!). So I asked if he'd mind a brief meet/greet so I could see the card I was planning to bid on. He enthusiastically said yep, we met this morning and had a great mini chat, the card looked awesome and i tucked away the 1/1,000 bad Ebay review. Clearly a non-issue with this seller.

The bad news? I got shnookered in the auction! The card got away from me and just went past my budget - DOH!! (Looking for a great King Kelly to add to my collection btw... have one? "Call me!")

But I'd much rather tell this story than the reverse - good guy/lost card is better than bad guy/got card.

Anywho... thanks again for all of the advice and your own experience here. I enjoyed (and learned) the process over the last day or two.

Back to the drwaing board #insearchofKingKelly

Have a great weekend (and Go Sox!)

Jeff
Sorry you missed out on the card...a couple points to add...I feel eBay is so biased towards buyers that I enjoy sellers standing up for themselves against BS negatives (even if they are a little snarky)....for the record I have ). Also, maybe next time if you ever have an in person meeting again offer cash...quick..fast..and he saves 10% on fees and you X% on tax and shipping...win-win