View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default How Are Grading Cos. Going to Survive?

Posted By: leon

You know me pretty well and know (as everyone does) that I try my hardest to be neutral on all issues while trying to maintain the focus of the board and have some harmony. Not always an easy task (actually never an easy task ). To answer your question. "no", Sean didn't get banned for off topic posts, inadvertantly posted. He got banned (for a period of time) because he didn't do as I asked him to do (in formal warnings). I hate to sound like that but that is they way it was...If I have to warn someone about something and they keep doing it then I will ban them. I have no choice or this place will be total anarchy. Thank God it's only happened a few times as I really hate to do it....Some folks say it's no big deal to ban someone but to me it is a big deal. I can't help the way I feel. I do think this particular thread is on topic, though I do wish Peter C would concentrate on more card things than other things....but this one is fine to me...and most others...and is a question I have asked many times. One last thing...I saw someone say something like "well, Leon doesn't think it's off topic so ......" Guys, it's very well known that my vote counts as "1" in the big picture. Since the very second I took over moderating the board I have never said anything about anyone posting a question about a pre-war baseball card.. It's really not that difficult to participate on this forum. It's also self policing for the most part...though sometimes there might be a tad too much of it.....best regards