View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 10:40 PM

I got the 1973 annual Andre the Giant in a PSA 10 and I also have the 1974 Yamakatsu Andre the Giants in PSA and those are the first pack issued cards. Good luck on whatever you decide. I may be selling what you are looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
Was glad to find this thread. For the last four years or so, I've only collected pre-war cards. Big wrestling fan and decided to try my hand at collecting some high grade first cards of wrestlers, including modern ones.

Also want to put together a fully-graded PSA 1982 and 1983 Wrestling All-Stars set. I started with a few today and somehow wound up with 16 so I went a little overboard. Bought mostly 7s and 8s but got a 9 or two.

I'd love to get an Andre the Giant and am going back and forth between his 1973 magazine cutout and one of the 1974 Yamakatsus. I personally think the cutouts aren't really cards (even the magazine calls them 'wallet-sized photos' as opposed to trading cards, which they did for the larger ones in 1981, ironically). But I am surprised at how well the cutouts have been doing and they do seem to be respected as 'cards.' I'm a little torn because I'd like Andre's first real card but, man, I'm hard-pressed to call the cutouts cards.