View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Luke Lyon

For me all of these questions kind of worked themselves out. I only was selling because I loved the cards so much and couldn't afford to buy all day without also selling. If you're just going to buy and sell and not collect, I would imagine there are much easier ways to make a buck. Then it comes down to how much self control you have with regard to how much you are smoking your own stash. I have always loved the business as much as my collection so it has been pretty easy to stay balanced.

This next comment is not 100% true across the board, but it's my 2 cents. If you aren't already deeply involved in the hobby because you're compelled to be, I think there's a chance buying/selling isn't for you. In my own personal experience, I never asked any questions like this, I just followed my instincts (followed my heart I guess you could say) and here I am 10 years later after getting into pre-war. I think if you weigh the pros and cons of doing this from an unemotional standpoint, it doesn't make a ton of sense to get into trying to be a dealer.