View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 07:35 AM
Matt Ferroni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I think there is still some debate about if there is another round whether the checks will be $1400 or $2000 per person AND it may not go to everyone the way the previous rounds did. But if everyone gets an extra 2K, there is good reason to believe today's "high prices" will be tomorrow bargains.
I promise I don't have any political underpinnings to this just curiosity. I don't really understand why stimulus checks drive the card market. 1) I would imagine the people capable of dropping many hundreds/thousands of dollars on cards even before the pandemic (the real drivers of the bubble right now) make way too much money to qualify for a check. 2) I realize I have no bearing on telling people how to spend their money but isn't the intent of stimulus checks now to help people struggling to pay rent, bills, put food on the table? If that many people use $600-2000 instantly to buy baseball cards when they have all of those expenses what does that say about people's spending choices? (regardless of any trickle down effect to the overall economy)