View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Dean

Just for the heck of it, here are the messages I've rec'd from this buyer:

His first message stated he wanted to return card because of thickness. I replied asking if he was saying the card was not authentic. He replied with this:

Quote:
Hello Dean, Appreciate the communication. My knowledge of collectable cards is EXTREMELY limited. 1964 Topps baseball is it. There is no questioning the authenticity of your card, just an unexpected knowledge I became aware of a while back. There seems to be two printings w/in this series, noticed w/a consistent connection w/darker print & thinner milling of paper, & lighter print & thicker milling of paper, the latter is what I collect (not sell). Hope this helps,
I responded back saying it would have been nice to understand his requirements ahead of time, to which he replied:

Quote:
Hi Dean, Just wanted to share an addition bit of knowledge. To even consider a purchase of this type of product on line, the photo is the ONLY criteria. The color BEHIND the team at top of card will instantly show this FACTUAL difference (i.e. the green behind the Cardinals, the mustard behind the Giants, the blue behind the Dodgers, etc.) Being there is NO COLOR behind the Chicago Cubs team, I had no problem taking a chance w/your great ebay record. Sorry for any inconvenience, at least you now have the correct perspective, & no longer have to incorporate any INACCURATE ASSUMPTIONS!! Good Luck & take care,

Really not sure what to think...

my eBay auctions