View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 04:01 PM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Hello I'm very new here guys, so I apologize if this is the wrong place. I received a Graded Michael Jordan Rookie from my Father years ago. I believe he purchased it on Ebay. However I have a lot of suspicions that it's fake. The Graded case looks like It might have been tampered with, and the cut of the graded label from SGC looks very sloppily cut. The Case itself was even coming open. The images are here. Thank you again.

https://imgur.com/a/7NTiXR1
Welcome Seven! Well, typically I would say that yes, you've come to the wrong place. However, since we appear to have a Michael Jordan rookie card discussion trending here on this pre-war baseball card board, we'll just go with it

I'm not really well versed in fake Jordan rookies (and I know it is a HIGHLY counterfeited card). I will say at a MINIMUM your card is NOT the card that is supposedly referenced on the SGC label. A grade of 96 means that the card is FLAWLESS to the naked eye...and you can clearly see that the upper right corner of the card in the picture is not in good shape.

If you're lucky, someone swapped out an original, poor condition Jordan in that holder. However, in my opinion, if someone is shady enough to switch cards, my assumption is that they would not put a real card in it's place.

Sorry for the bad news.